Flower Tea Bags painted with tea!
Flower Topped Tea Bags make a perfect gift. We started experimenting with tea for Mother’s Day and loved the results. Can you believe this color is actually tea? Make them for yourselves or as gifts!
Click on “READ MORE” for full tutorial
To make these, I used a tea called Lov’s Red Berries Tea —- both to fill the bags and to use as “paint”. After enjoying a cup of tea on Spring day, (which I confess, I’ve been enjoying all Spring, both warm or cold. It’s decaffeinated so I can have it day and night) I started experimenting with a tea bag and easily made these flowers. On their own, these tea bags are beautiful in a cup or wrapped in a tin. Don’t you just love personalized gifts? Have you ever experimented with tea before? I think this simple touch adds such an extra special something. I hope you do, too. Continue below for an easy tutorial.
1. Red Berry Tea brewed— I used approximately 1/4 cup strong brewed
1 Gather Supplies.
2. Fold Disposible Paper Tea Bag in an accordian fold.
3 Round the open end of the tea bag.
4. Dip the tea bag into tea.
5. Dip only the end.
6. Unfold the tea bag and let dry. Continue with steps 2 – 6 until you have the desired amount of tea bags.
11. Sign Leaf Card
12. Twist the top of the tea bag, at the base of the flower petals.
13. Sign and tie the Leaf Gift Card to the Flower Tea Bag.
14 – 15. Your Tea Bags are ready to be enjoyed. Fill a tin with these and wrap for Gift Giving!
(tea example, as seen above)
An Apple Sachet for Teacher