Happy Lucia. Brighten the darkest days of December. Make these Lucia Nightlight Ornaments to use bedside or as an ornament. I’ll show you how below.
Lucia Nightlight Ornaments Materials:
- Colored Paper
- Double Sided Tape
- Glue Gun
- Ribbon (If making and ornament)
- LED tea light
- Ping pong ball
How to Make a Lucia Nightlight Ornament:
- Start by punching a hole into the bottom of your ping pong ball. This hole can be a hole or x-shape that will later slide over the “flame” are of the LED tea light.
- One the hole has been cut, it’s time to draw a face on to the ping pong ball and make the paper crown.
- You can make everything from paper:
– Crown, Hair, Collar
- If you would like to make an ornament , place a dot of hot glue onto the crown of the pingpong head. Press looped ribbon into the glue for hanging as an ornament from a tree.
- After the glue dries, finish attaching the extra elements, such as :
– attaching hair with tape
– sliding crown over the head
– slipping the crown onto the LED Light
– the last step will be to place the head onto the LED Light
- Ready to go: Make a choir for a full Lucia Train or just one Lucia
- Use these as ornaments or wouldn’t it be the cutest way to wake your littles on Lucia Morning?
Lucia Nightlight Ornaments. Make these together, surprise your kids. Use these as ornaments or as night lights.
If you’re lucky enough to wake up in house, with Lucia’s, Lucia maidens, “Pepperkakor” Boys, Star Boys and Elves, then I wish you the most wonderful of days.
As always, I love to see what you do with tutorials here. You can share them on Instagram with #tccscandinavia2017 tag or Facebook. It’s a pleasure to meet you and I hope you’ve been enjoying the 24 Days of Scandinavian Creativity with it’s daily calendar here. Also, read you see that this ornament is a part of a special 5 day bonus series?
As an additional thank you to you readers, I’m posting five extra posts for kids this week:
BONUS ORNAMENTS for KIDS:
No. 1: Pine Cone Angel (here) with guest, Arielle | No. 2: Danish Woven Hearts (here) with guest, Mie | No. 3. Today’s Lucia Nightlight Ornaments with willowday| No. 4: Shadow Box Ornaments with willowday
Willowday Wishes, Gina
Don’t miss a post. Subscribe to willowday: