I can find balls in every shape and color in the corners of my house. This provides me plenty of time to study, everyday objects. Last week, as if by magic, I looked at a new box of ping pong balls and saw Halloween Google-Eye Cupcake Toppers. Come with me below and I’ll share the hokus pokus behind these very simple, but eye-popping, Halloween Decorations.
Halloween Google-Eye Cupcake Toppers
Halloween Google-Eye Cupcake Toppers Materials:
- Pingpong Balls (I prefer the mat surface balls)
- Permanent Markers
- Sharp cutting object. This can be a needle, a knife or a sharp scissors.
- Hot Glue (optional)
To make Halloween Google-Eye Cupcake Toppers:
- Color eyes onto the ping pong balls. Let dry.
- Prick a small hole at the base of the ball (Adult help needed you’re doing this with young kids.)
- This is optional, but, I wanted very, sturdy, Halloween Google-Eye Cupcake Toppers and placed a dot of hot glue over the hole.
- I inserted the toothpick into this hole and let dry.
(Using glue isn’t mandatory but, without this fixative, the balls might not stay tightly attached to the toothpicks.)
Once you’ve made the eyes, it’s party time. I used these for cupcakes that I needed for a quick party but, I’m planning to keep these on hand throughout the month. They’re such a fun way to add a spec of scary to Halloween.
I hope you enjoy this quick and easy Hallow party accessory. I’d love to see what you do, if you use my tutorial. These as a starting point for fun. They can adore any Halloween food. I think these would also be a really fun Halloween game to play: Halloween Ping Pong! I’d love to see what you do. Join me on Facebook and Instagram.
- Halloween Google-Eye Ice Box cookies soon, as well. (HERE)
- Halloween Fruit-a-lanterns
- Zombie Hand Treats
- Halloween DIY Lollipops