This summer, I’m thinking of very easy projects and Swedish Travels. Are you travelling to Sweden or interested in something-Swedish? Creating projects with your hands can be a perfect way to prepare your kids to come to Sweden or a fun way to think about another culture.
Bring your kids and travel to Sweden with me through your imagination with these 3 super, simple Swedish-inspired kid projects. You already have the materials in your home. Add you and away we go! Come with me to Sweden.
I’d love to imagine kids making these projects at home or school before travelling to Sweden. I think small projects like this elevate travel.
1. Did you know that the classic Dalahörses were originally toys? These were carved toys that were then painted in a style called Kurbits. The colors and symbols are actually specific to a region within a region of Sweden but, it’s ok: use your imagination with these! 2. Is there anything more simple than a Paper Cut? Using a method that you already use for snowflakes, cut these 3 Swedish-inspired patterns. 3. If you travel to Sweden, then you will see little red Swedish houses continuously. As a way to play, why not set your kids up with a Swedish style Treehouse project, then invite a Dalahorse and Moose to play too!
If you’re traveling to Sweden with kids, I’ve put together two posts for you:
- Where to eat with kids in Stockholm | CLICK HERE
- Where to go with kids in Stockholm | CLICK HERE
- Visiting Oslo with kids? You might enjoy this
- Visiting Copenhagen, You might enjoy this.