Good Morning and Happy Lucia.
Against the darkness of winter, blanketed in snow, today is the day where Swedish children and choruses rise before dawn with Saffron Buns and songs of Lucia. On every street corner you will see a Lucia, Lucia maidens, Ginger Bread Boys, Star Boys and “tomte” — small Swedish Elves. Occasionally, a modern Santa makes it’s way into the mix. If you’re not on Instagram, I wanted to spread wishes of the day and share an imagine of the day with you, too.
If you’re following along in THE Creative Collective Sweden’s Calendar:
We have 4 Lucia related projects:
- DAY 2: St. Lucia Printable Crown from The House That Lars Built
- Day 9: A Lucia Pastry: Saffron Bread
- DAY 13, Pysselbolaget shares a Lucia Craft today.
- Day 11: Just add a pipe cleaner crown to a Lucia Dala Horse, like here.
More posts about Lucia:
- 24 Hours to win the book, Artshop for Children.
You can find full post with project inspired from the book, here.
Contest closes tomorrow, Dec 14.