DIY Secret Storage Books
- 1 Hardcover Book
- X-acto Knife
- Straight edge
- Pencil for marking
- Paper Glue
- 1 Cup for mixing
- 1 Wide Brush for gluing
- Plastic Wrap
- 1. Begin by opening the book and folding back about 5 – 10 of the first pages. Once you’ve done this, you are now creating the “book opening.” On the right hand page, using your straight edge (ruler) mark a rectangle that will serve as the cutting guide for the inner hidden storage area. Cut as deep and wide as the book allows. It is best to leave an approximately 1 inch boarder along the top, bottom and sides.
- 2. Once the guide has been marked, carefully cut the pages out of the book and remove this interior pages.
- 3. Mix glue with water in a 1/3 glue to 2/3’s water solution or as desired.
- 4. Using the plastic wrap, wrap the first 10 pages to the cover in order to protect them from the glue.
- 5. Using a wide paint brush, glue all outer edges. Let dry.
6. Once the outside edges have dried, your book is ready to go. You now have a book with secret storage.7. Fill and enjoy!Happy Making!
Thank you for joining me. I hope that you take away a little inspiration, imagination and a small little bit of Sweden, too! If you use this tutorial, I would love to see what you do with it. Share your willowday projects with me on Instagram and Facebook. Willowday Wishes Instagram – Facebook – Pinterest