It’s travel journal time here and oh, are these fun!
Even before the kids could write well, I’ve always had them keep a journal — writing and/or drawing — when we travel or have a school vacation. These travel journals are real treasures and have become rituals, too. (more travel ritual here). I knew from the moment I found these clip-on key rings that I wanted to create mini clip-on page-per-day journals this Winter break. The kids immediately clipped them to backpacks. How cool is that? Do your kids too love anything that clips on, too?
How to make these:
1. Begin by choosing the correct PDF file below. I printed 8 per page — 2 side by side; 4 up — but, you can just print one if that’s all you need.
Print out cover: Printable PDF files
– US letter sized: Sun: click here
– US letter sized: Ski: click here
– European A4: Sun: click here
– European A4: Ski: click here
2. Cut cover and back cover; then interior pages to match. To make the example I made, make a guide like this: I folded my A4 (US: letter paper sized) in 1/2 lengthwise, then opened it and folded it in 1/2 and 1/2 again and cut along these folded lines. I wanted all of our journals to be different and made one with white pages and the other two with varied colors — one in a complete rainbow. I also counted 4 pages per vacation day with hopes for drawing.
3. Punch holes on the left-hand side in the middle – cover, back cover and interior sheets — matching all pages carefully.
4. Open key ring and slide into the hole.
5. Mission Accomplished: One Clippable page-per-day Journal. Have fun keeping!
Travel Luggage Tags
Travel Freezer Paper Tees
New Guide: What do to with kids in Stockholm