Shadow Puppet Bunny Cards: 2-in-1 CardsI’ve been thinking about hand shadows a lot, recently. The kids and I have been making all kinds, mostly rabbits, on our kitchen and bedroom walls at night. The idea for today’s card was born in these shared moments and in the optimistic idea that Summer is really going to come. I’m so excited to share.
Midnight sun around the corner, the time for playing with shadows in upon us now! I hope these cards bring both you and receivers extended moments of happiness + play. Wishing you a wonderful weekend and I hope that you can try these at home. Chick and Bunnytemplate here: (Click here for PDF.) Drape a sheet up, as a curtain, and let the kids put on a puppet show! Example here.
SUPPLIES:Card Stock (yellow, pink and white)
Envelopes to match
Wooden Craft Stick
Silhouette Bunny and Chick (click for printable PDF version)
Pencil for marking
2. Trace the rabbit and chick silhouettes; cut out.3. Glue this silhouette on the top of a craft stick and let dry.
4. Fit the shadow puppet onto your card for size.
5. Mark two parallel lines to cut slits for the craft stick. This will become the tab that you will slide the craft stick through.
6. Once these lines have been cut, slide the shadow puppet into place.
7. Tie ribbon around the base of the puppet and add text to the card.
Happy Shadow Cards!
Print these silhouette images from below or as PDF (click here)
1. Print images for templates.
2. Trace on to card stock
3. Cut and continue by following the instructions for the cards